Williams Hall (1903). This brick structure was the gift of Edward H. Williams, Jr., Class of 1875. Dr. Williams was a professor of mining and geology and the founder of the Tau Beta Pi engineering society. The first occupants of Williams Hall were the Biology, Geology and Mechanical Engineering Departments. The building was extensively renovated and a fourth story added in 1956 following a fire.

In 2015 a comprehensive renovation of Williams Hall was completed creating a global-themed center supporting area studies programs and student support. The building is home to the Departments of Modern Languages & Literatures, Religion Studies, and Sociology & Anthropology, as well as the Dean of Students Office, the Center for Community Engagement and the Office of Interdisciplinary Programs.

The renovated building is the university's second "green building" and will attain Silver LEED certification upon completion.